[Koha-devel] [CVS help] how to transmit a modification in a file

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Tue Apr 16 01:31:28 CEST 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 05:22:23PM +1000, Roger Buck said:
> Am trying to learn how to use CVS.
>
> I am trying to commit two minor changes:
>
> I have tried this from local shell prompt:
>
> CVSROOT=:pserver:saas at cvs.koha.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/koha
> export CVSROOT
> cvs login
> cvs commit -m "Cleanup remaining ethnicity typo." koha/C4/Koha.pm
> cvs commit -m "Add missing my %env" koha/moremember.pl
>
> I get:
>
>  '"commit" requires write access to the repository'
>
> Am I doing something wrong ;^)

Short answer yep :)

If you are going to use the cvs tree as a developer you dont use the
pserver.

You need to checkout a copy of the repository as a developer. From
sourceforge

Only project developers can access the CVS tree via this method. SSH1
must be installed on your client machine. Substitute modulename and
developername with the proper values. Enter your site password when
prompted.

export CVS_RSH=ssh

 cvs -z3 -d:ext:developername at cvs.koha.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/koha co
 modulename