[Koha-devel] branch tables in koha database

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Aug 26 13:28:05 CEST 2002

finlay at katipo.co.nz a écrit:

>I propose:
>
>To replace the existing branch tables (branches, branchcategories,
>branchrelations) with two tables: branches and collections.
>
>This does entail the rewriting existing code. However because I
>wrote most of that code I dont think it will be too difficult :-)
>
>Although this seems like a drastic measure given the simplicity of the
>bug in question, I think that it will be better for koha.

If I understand and re-say what you propose :
* creating a BRANCH table that lists the possibles locations for an
item. The branch field should change often.
* creating a COLLECTION table that lists the possibles collections for
an item. The collection should not change (or very rarely).

If i'm right, i think it's a very good idea.

anyway, g'morning everybody, i'm back from holidays,
I've almost finished reading my 300 mails (just 50koha-related to
go...). this week i might have only a few days (thursday and friday) on
koha, but then it will be 4-5 days a week for at least 2 months i think.
and as i've seen my librarians during august, i've a lot of ideas for
MARC stuff ;-)
--
Paul