[Koha-devel] a couple of new projects

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Aug 28 06:07:03 CEST 2002

Pat Eyler wrote:

>>About full MARC support : i'm "ready to play with the ball", but what is
>>the exact question ? what will be the MARC support ? what do we need to
>>reach the MARC version, what could it costs ? let me know, and i'll will
>>answer promptly.
>>

>I think the big questions are 'What do we need to do to reach the MARC
>version?',  "What is the (general) plan for getting there?"  "What would
>it cost?" is a question best left for the RFP responses.  I'm sure that
>specifics about "How to get there" will be covered differently in
>different repsonses as well.

I think the answer to "what is the plan for getting there" is at :
http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/wiki/index.php?page=ToDoMARC
since a few weeks ;-)
Note i think i'll add some ideas in the next days.

>Second to these (and this goes for all three of the projects) is 'How do
>we integrate work for hire with the rest of Koha development?'.  E.g., my
>hope would be that you and Steve would be the ones to bid on and win a
>contract with Nelsonville to do work on the MARC project, but it's
>possible that "Uncle Bob's Perl Farm" (UBPF) will come up with a
>compelling bid.  You (Paul) will still be managing the 1.4 release series,
>so we're going to need a way to ensure that UBPF's work meshes with your
>vision and that 1.4 isn't thrown off track.

what do you call UBPF ? is it a well known organization or "SomeOne
Coming From the Sky" ? I've never heard of this ???

--
Paul