[Koha-devel] RE: [oss4lib-discuss] MARC -> RDBMS

paul paul at koha-fr.org
Thu Dec 12 01:06:02 CET 2002

Pat Eyler a écrit:

>On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Brian Cassidy wrote:
>

>>I looked into Michael Doran's concerns, but the powers that be want me
>>to steer away from a Z39.50 interface. So, that's as far as I got with
>>that. :/
>>
>>After looking at the document
>>(http://www.openisis.org/openisis/doc/RdbConv) provided by Ferran Jorba,
>>I created a simple DB structure (pardon my ASCII :)
>>
>>.---------.        .-----------.
>>| item    |        | marc_data |
>>-----------  ----  -------------
>>| item_id |        | item_id   |
>>-----------        | data      |
>>     |             -------------
>>    /|\
>>.-------------.
>>| tag_data    |
>>---------------
>>| item_id     |
>>| tag_order   |
>>| tag         |
>>| indicator_1 |
>>| indicator_2 |
>>| subfield    |
>>| data        |
>>---------------
>>
>>Note: marc_data.data is just a 'blob' of the MARC record.
>>
>>Thanks again for all your help!
>>
>>-Brian Cassidy (brian at nald dot ca)

Note that in the coming 2.0 version of koha (full marc compliant
version), it's the db structure we use to store marc records (except
that we have no marc_data table).

to support any marc flavor, we also have 2 parameters table that
explains "what" a tag/subfield means. Those parameters tables already
exists in marc21 (in english) and unimarc (in french)

PS : the 2.0 version should be here in 2003Q1 (february i hope)
--
Paul POULAIN
koha 2.0 release manager