[Koha-devel] Biblio but not items

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Dec 16 04:17:04 CET 2002

Rachel Hamilton-Williams a écrit:

>Hi
>

>>Sample data contains many (searchable) bibliorecords without items
>>associated with them. I suspect that this is also true for real
>>libraries using Koha. It would be nice to have admin script
>>which removes these "floaters" (but not from acquisition!).
>>

>In practice it is difficult for Koha to tell between biblios that are in there
>because a book is on order (and therefor is reservable and shows up in the
>catalogue), and biblios that just don't have items on them because someone
>didn't delete them properly.
>
>I think that you'd need a report that got all the biblios without items in a
>list, and then you went throug and deleted the ones you didn't need.  It would
>be pretty gutting to have all your partly aquired items deleted again.
>
>OR it could be something that comes with simple acquisitions - where you're
>only putting in items once you have them in your hand.
>
>cheers

Maybe the best solution would be to have an option "only avaible
biblios" in the search pat of koha : i don't see any major problem to
have "inactive" biblios in the db : maybe in the future we could have it
again.
But seeing the biblio in reserve... screen is poor.

--
Paul POULAIN
responsable francophone de koha (SIGB libre http://fr.koha.org)