[Koha-devel] Koha Serials Wiki

Saiful Amin saiful at drtc.isibang.ac.in
Fri Dec 20 00:20:02 CET 2002

Greetings,

> I am a big believer in lots of keywords......
>
> I wonder if there would even be enough room to jam the  table of
> contents for  the journal in the key word area !

Ideally the table of contents (TOC) should be reflected in the Article
Indexes, which is a recommended feature.  Not all the libraries require
this feature of course.  Table of contents are used for giving Current
Awareness Service (CAS), which we can use for indexing the articles.  It
would be nice if Koha can enable giving such CAS as a by-product rather
than vice-versa.

Simply adding the TOC to the keyword area might compromise search precision.

> ed sharpe archivist for smecc
>
>> I have just created a Wiki for the requirements in the Serials module
>> in Koha.  Please add your suggestions at:
>>
>> http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/wiki/index.php?page=KohaSerialsModule

Saiful
--
DRTC