[Koha-devel] authentication

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Sun Jul 7 16:46:02 CEST 2002

Hi - to be honest I've no idea wether this addresses my concerns about cookies - the
best I can do is restate what I think the bottom lines are...

All my concerns are to do with the OPAC - I'm not at all bothered about the intranet.

1/. A member of the public must be able to search/use the catalogue without having
cookies turned on.  For one reason or another there will be people who don't/can't/won't
use cookies, they shouldn't be barred from the OPAC because of it.

2/. For it to be useful for a public library I would think that the public should be able to
use *all* parts of the OPAC without having cookies turned on - even the bits where they
need to authenticate.