[Koha-devel] Re: What about the mail Archives ?

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Sat Jul 13 19:34:02 CEST 2002

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Olugbenga Adara wrote:

> Hello Pate,
>
> Thanks for the nice work you did at koha.org website.
> But i could not find a link to download the mailing
> list archives again. Please can you give me a URL
> where i can get the archives? Access to the Internet
> is expensive here so the archives saves me some money
> rather than browse yahoo online.

Thanks for the compliment, but I did very little work (a bit of writing
and some editing.)  You can get to the archives at:
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/
for the general list, and at:
http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/9972/0/
for the koha-devel lists

> Also how do i get the koha bug fixes? The list just
> mentions cvs but i dont know much about this. Also
> maybe the patches may be posted to sourceforge or do
> we upgrade with the latest release ?

cvs is the best way to get bug fixes.  barring that, you can download the
new tarballs.  It might make sense for us to start shipping patches as
well (to help people like you.)

> I wish to contribute on documentation for koha. i had
> a mail from the doc editor some few days back which i
> replied but i've heard nothing yet.

You should hear from Nicholas shortly ....

> Some good news. I have successfully installed koha
> 1.2.1 at the Hezekiah Oluwasanmi Library of the
> Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria. It is
> presently being evaluated by the library staff. They
> hope to have 300,000 items in Koha when it finally
> goes live. Though best way of getting this into koha
> is my current problem.

There are some bulk transfer scripts, I'm not sure how much they will do
for you, but it may be worth checking through the archive.

> Once again, thanks for the great work on koha

On behalf of *many* other people, you're quite welcome.

-pate