[Koha-devel] pm structure : Acquisition.pm modifications

Alan Millar am12 at bolis.com
Mon Jun 10 22:58:02 CEST 2002

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 10:35:58PM +0200, paul POULAIN wrote:
> the Acquisition.pm (aka : Catalogue.pm for MARC version) contains too
> much subs imho. It's hard to read, and not always very coherent :

> I propose to divide the script in 2 differents ones.
> the first would be Biblio.pm (used only for biblio management :
> biblio/biblioitems/items/additionalauthor/subtitle tables), the second
> would remain Acquisition.pm (Catalogue.pm for MARC)

I like the idea of separating the routines for biblio handling
from the routines for order processing.   If the proposed Catalogue.pm
is going to handle Marc record processing, which is biblio information,
doesn't that mean that Catalogue.pm would replace Biblio.pm, not
Acquisition.pm?

Better yet, instead of replacing Biblio.pm later, it could perhaps turn
into a higher-level abstraction of Catalogue.pm

- Alan

----
Alan Millar     --==> am12 at bolis.com <==--