[Koha-devel] Oddball idea

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Wed Jun 12 22:15:02 CEST 2002

On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 16:59, Nicholas Rosasco wrote:
> This may be the ravings of a sleepless madman, but bear with me for a sec...
>
> Someone asked about cross references
> (ie, look for Cinema -under-> Motion Picture)
> I (think) we have a feature to store URLs as items in the catalog, right?
> Couldn't we do a workaround?
> File cross refs in the catalog as URLs pointing _back to the catalog (ie,
> the CGI header)_ for the topic they should look under?
>
> Nick
> ...might just be crazy, might just be a genius.

Im leaning towards genius
http://intradev.katipo.co.nz/cgi-bin/koha/detail.pl?type=intra&bib=45818

Heres an example of links working now

Where it says links to associated websites, that could link to a koha
search on a different related subject

Chris

Chris Cormack                                      chris at katipo.co.nz
Programmer                                                025 500 579
Katipo Communications                                www.katipo.co.nz