[Koha-devel] RE: Koha 1.2.1

Nicholas Rosasco nsr at etome.net
Sat Jun 22 08:50:03 CEST 2002

"Client"?  I'm not sure exactly what he means -- I'm assuming he means the
circ tools.
I recommend we direct this guy to the various chunks of Perl code we have
floating around.  There are platform independent choices for GUIs, and I
really think we should be using them for at least one of the circ systems --
I'd suggest

> What programming language would you be developing in?
>
> > Could also have a windows forum area at
> > http://schools.hardsoft.com.au/forums
> >

> Sure, what would people need in order to make use of it?
>

> > Regards
> >
> > Jeff Williams
> > HardSoft Solutions
> > Australia

We've had packages for... ask the list who did them, I can't recall who made
them.  Might've  been Steve?

> >   We would very much like people to produce pakages (.rpm, .deb., .pkg,
> >   .lpp, or whatever) which we could put up in a contrib area.

This is something I think we can learn to automate... a fair amount of
effort/research will be necessary, but this is a good area to "recruit"
around, as the problems are widely applicable.  I assume you've seen the
commentary about the growing aggravations of things like RPM lately?

> >   We would also like to see turnkey koha systems (either a CD
> that can be installed on a blank system or a full blown koha server).
> >
> > I think that these last two bits are excellent roles for koha support
> > company to fill.  It could give you a nice product and some good
> > postioning.
I concur -- especially in light of the fact there is no "one way" to install
Koha.  This