[Koha-devel] Bibliosubtitle table

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Wed Mar 27 17:15:27 CET 2002

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 12:49:19PM +1200, Chris Cormack said:
> Hi all
>
> Im seriously considering combining the bibliosubtitle table with the biblio
> table.
> It seems like an unnessecary join to me, and is really slowing author
> searches down.
> Can anyone think of why this might be a bad idea.
>
> Im going to try it out on our test database.

Actullay rethink time .. or step back from the brink :-)

Lots of biblios have multiple subtitles. So the table is actually needed, i
think what is really slowing down title (not author searches as i was
blathering about) is the fact that there are a huge amount of rows that have
a biblionumber and a blank subtitle field.

Im guessing thats because the previous system didnt support joins in a
sensible way, and so u needed a blank entry.

Im going to try deleting all these blank rows, and see if it speeds up the
search any.

Chris
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz