[Koha-devel] Issues with "issues"

Roger Buck rog at saas.nsw.edu.au
Fri Mar 29 00:03:02 CET 2002

Chris Cormack wrote:
[--snip--]
> It wouldnt be hard to do a report per borrower.
> If its something ppl would find useful?

This is part of something more related to web based reservation.

I will have a short term need for web users to lodge a request (via koha
OPAC) to borrow via the net. The librarians will then process the
request and send out the resource by mail. The volume for this specific
need is very low (around 10 - 20 requests per day). The transactions are
entered manually into a non koha, school library system (OASIS). In the
short term, the OASIS system will remain the sole authoritative database
for all transactions.

Rachel mentioned (yesteday) that on-line reservation functionality was
planned for koha in medium term but I need to get our trial system up
and running more quicky and didn't see this a a major problem anyhow.

I was thinking that I would create a quick and dirty javascript
"reservation form" as a link in the koha OPAC to do that... but am
thinking that suitable functionality may already be available in koha...
or "potentially" available, and just as easy as it would be to create my
quick and dirty email based javascript stuff.

Enough of my rambling. Any feedback?

R.