[Koha-devel] proposition for MARC version

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Wed May 8 09:11:33 CEST 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002, paul POULAIN wrote:

> Pat Eyler wrote:
> > I think we're in violent agreement ;)
>
> we are ;-)

Great.

> Next question : when will we decide to use html::template or a similar
> tool for koha. It's a must have to separate presentation from business
> logic.

Let's decide this in our IRC meeting.  Before then, we should certainly
kick it about.

html::template, AxKit, Mason, others?  are all possible tools.  I'm
tempted to say that html::template is the best way to go, but I don't have
enough experience with any of them to make a strong statement.

Would someone like to code up a simple page or two in all three (and any
others you want) so we can see what we'd be looking at?  Also, if would be
nice to know what requirements we'd be adding.  (AxKit requires mod_perl,
Mason strongly recommends it.)

-pate