[Koha-devel] cvs and branching

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri May 10 08:14:03 CEST 2002

Pat Eyler wrote:

>Here's a quick picture of how we might use CVS branches to manage our
>upcoming development.  An explanation follows.
>
>                           +--MARC-+
>                          /         \
>                         /           \
>-main line--+-----+-----+-------------+-+--------------+-> development
>             \     \                 /   \            /
>              \     \               /     +-rel_1_4-++---> 1.4 branch
>               \     \             /               /
>                \     +-rel_1_2-+-+---------------+------> 1.2 branch
>                 \             /
>                  \           /
>                   +---NT----+

I strongly agree with this schema, and am very impressed (great ASCII
art ;-))

About version naming : if I understood our iirc, we will use the linux
method (1.2 : stable release, 1.3 : unstable release)

An other remark : the next stable version will be 1.1.2, from 1.2 branch.
How (chris ?) do we solve this ? We should rename 1.2 branch 1.2.2 (as
it's stable version), and maybe have a 1.1.3 release at anytime (with
partial NT port or partial MARC support for example).

Last question : how do we build a version from branch ?

Lot of questions I think, but it's quite unclear in my mind...
--
Paul