[Koha-devel] templates

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Tue May 14 12:42:06 CEST 2002

Still playing with templates...

I've implemented paul's hierarchy suggestion of "theme" directories at the
top.

What I'd like to be able to do is specifiy an ordered list of preferred
templates.  For example, one might want to specify:

  local
  french
  default

templates.  If a template exists in the "local" theme, it will always be
used.  If a template exists in "french" but not in "local" the "french"
template will be used.  As a last resort, the "default" template will
always be used.

Should we develop a naming scheme for themes that are distributed with
Koha, to keep them from squashing local or third party themes?  Maybe
koha-default, koha-french, koha-polish, etc?

I'm thinking that Koha will probably ship with at least themes for various
languages.  I suppose the other option would be to have separate
directories for shipped themes and local/third party themes?

Steve.