[Koha-devel] about cvs usage

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Thu May 16 02:59:05 CEST 2002

It seems i've problems with cvs...
so, what I do :
* if i want to work on rel_1_2 branch :
# cvs -z3 -b rel_1_2
-d:ext:tipaul at cvs.koha.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/koha co koha
It update my local files to "rel_1_2" status.
Then I work.
Then I do
# cvs commit file_modified
It commits file_modified to the rel_1_2 branch.

* if i want to work on main branch (development one), i do :
# cvs -z3 -d:ext:tipaul at cvs.koha.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/koha co koha
It updates my local files to main branch.
Then I work.
Then I do
# cvs commit file_modified
It commits file_modified to main branch.

I just tried to do it on main branch, and it does nothing... So I think
i'm doing something wrong, but what ?

Hi Paul

What I have, is 3 checkouts running at the moment. What i did was
checkout the main branch and its now called koha-main.
Checked out the rel-1-2 branch and moved it to koha-rel-1-2 and checked
out the rel-1-4-marc one.

This is probably a bit of a workaround on my part. But it seems to work
well, in terms of working in separate branches.

Id be interested in hearing how others work.

Question for bugfixes : if i du a small bugfix that affect 1_2 branch as
well as main one, how do i commit the change in both ? or maybe i just
have to correct in 1_2 branch and we have a method to copy it to the
main one after.

Im fairly certain we can merge changes back from a branch into the main.
http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs_5.html#SEC61 Tells you a little
bit about it. Im not sure whether there is a french version of these
documents.

Question 2 : how to avoid having to type my "#
tipaul at cvs.koha.sourceforge.net's password:" 50 times a day ?

Ahh this question i can actually answer with some certainty.
You can generate keys for use with ssh, if you do this it will use the
keys to connect instead. And you wont have to type your password.

https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=761&group_id=1

Tells you about it.

Chris
Chris Cormack                                      chris at katipo.co.nz
Programmer                                                025 500 579
Katipo Communications                                www.katipo.co.nz