[Koha-devel] code cleaning (2)

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Nov 21 01:59:02 CET 2002

Ok, I've deleted unused scripts (aka scripts claimed by nobody, and that
are not mine ;-) )
I've deleted the "includes" directory in the koha-html part of koha : it
includes only templates and .inc files that are also in
koha/koha-tmpl/intranet.

I've a some remaining questions...

About koha-html :
=============
* What is koha-html/intranet-html/opac done for ? isn't it old html ?
(seems the same as koha-html/opac-html, which is the true opac html path) ?
* is koha-html/opac-html/includes used somewhere ?

Root koha directory :
===============
In the root koha directory, there are some scripts that are for koha
(addwebsite.pl, admin-home.pl)... and some that are for installation or
command-line tasks (barcodes.pl, ChangeLog, fixBranches.pl, Hints,
HOWTO-testing, INSTALL, install*, koha.mysql, koha.t, koha.upgrade,
LICENSE, News, README, sampledata-1.2, testKoha, TODO if i don't mind).
I think the code would be clearer if we put all of them in a specific
directory.
misc/ already contains some tools that are related to install,
maintaining...
So, I propose that all SCRIPTS not needed to run koha are moved to the
misc directory. All the INFORMATIVE files (INSTALL, LICENSE,...) are
moved in misc/info directory.
(We could move the marc/ directory to misc/ too, as it's only db install
stuff.

Various questions :
* Is there a way to prevent deleted directories to remain in file system
: some of them are present in koha and koha-html ?

Questions/ideas/suggestions welcomed.
--
Paul