[Koha-devel] Ethnicity?

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Nov 27 06:49:03 CET 2002

Dorian Meid a écrit:

> Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso schrieb:
>
>> I've found this while translating:
>> Erm... I don't know in other countries but in Spain could be at least
>> of bad taste make questions like these. Also I'm not sure if its
>> legal keep this kind of information within institutional databases in
>> Spain.
>> I'll like to see some opinions on this issue.
>
> This is also true for Germany.
> My approach so far is to translate Koha as it is 1:1.
> This form is usually filled by the librarian, so he/she can decide for
> a generic item (e.g. human) and that's it.
> So we preserve this option for countries where ethnic informations are
> stored and at the same time you don't have a problem in all other
> countries.
> Aditionally you have to realize that tha Spanish version is for
> Spanish speaking people all over the world and not only for Spain.
> Dorian

Don't worry be happy...
It's the same in most country (nz are an exception), and i pointed this
many months ago. Normally, this part should "disappear" if your
ethnicity table is empty (isn't there a TMPL_IF somewhere in the template ?)
If a nz can tell us more, as i haven't played with this...
--
Paul