[Koha-devel] Foraging OPAC

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Nov 27 23:54:03 CET 2002

Tonnesen Steve a écrit:

>http://142.28.183.110/cgi-bin/koha/forage
>
>Just playing around.  Doesn't show any items at the end of the tree, but
>does show a browseable subject tree of sorts...
>
>Steve.

That's what we want, i think.
Our only problem is to have only a limited number or trees at the
beginning of the foraging. Something like directory.google.com.
If we have too many numbers, like in you sample, the best solution to
find something is to search by <CTRL-F>, which is exactly what we want
to avoid.

Some ergonomy rules :
On a screen, it's generally said that "blocs-screens" should containt
less thant 11 items. And many pple are lost when there is more than 7 !
By "are lost", I mean that the eye can't find immediatly what the user
is looking for.
And our idea, in the foraging is to help anyone to find in a second
where he want to go.
--
Paul