[Koha-devel] Doubts about barcode readers

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Nov 28 02:33:03 CET 2002

Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso a écrit:

>I've some doubts about this.
>
>"Grepping" the directory I've found a getbarcode sub defined in the Scan.pm
>module, but it's void.
>
>So... where's the code for using a barcode reader in koha?
>I've more doubts but I think it will be solved when I see the code... :-)
>This questions are done because one of my goals, appart from the Spanish
>translation, is to develop a module to give koha RFID readers support.

I don't understand your question : barcode reading is an OS level
problem. Not a koha one. When a barcode is read, it's like if the code
had been typed on keyboard.
I've a barcode reader on my mandrake, connected through keyboard
interface, and it works perfectly nice.

Note that Scan.pm maybe a vacuum-cleaner miss :-)
--
Paul