[Koha-devel] Doubts about barcode readers

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Nov 28 02:41:05 CET 2002

Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso a écrit:

>Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm! Sorry, I've never used a barcode reader and I didn't
>notice that it's used as a keyboard... But... if you're using the keyboard
>plug for the barcode reader... where are you pluggin your keyboard? erm... or
>is it the barcode reader plugged directly into the koha server which does not
>need a keyboard? is it? or has a workstation just for reading barcodes in
>each client?
>
>Erm... do we have a case diagram about how koha works? I think I'm missing a

hehe... there's a wrapper in the barcode reader : the keyboard is
connected to the barcode, which is connected to the computer.
Thus, you can use any os (some barcodes are on usb or serial port, and
require a specific driver)
And thus again, if your barcode is dirty and not readable by the reader,
you can type it with your keyboard :-)
--
Paul