[Koha-devel] Circular dependencies

Andrew Arensburger arensb+koha-devel at ooblick.com
Sun Oct 6 10:02:03 CEST 2002

	I ran 'perl -wc' on a few of the C4 modules, and found that
there are a number of circular dependencies, i.e., cases where two
modules have "use" statements pointing at each other, or where Module1
uses Module2, which uses Module3, which uses Module1.
	Thanks to the magic of 'find | grep | tsort', I'm appending a
list of these cycles at the end of this message. But 'perl -wc
Module.pm' will also tell you if there's a cycle, by complaining that
all of the functions in "Module.pm" are redefined.

	At first, I thought this meant that the first file in the loop
would get read twice, but this doesn't appear to be the case. However,
I think this does indicate spaghetti code and/or lack of modularity.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      This message *does* represent the
arensb at ooblick.com                      views of ooblick.com

C4/InterfaceCDK.pm
C4/Circulation/Renewals.pm
C4/Circulation/Issues.pm