[Koha-devel] Missing deleted* tables?

Andrew Arensburger arensb+koha-devel at ooblick.com
Sun Oct 6 10:24:01 CEST 2002

	If I understand correctly, the purpose of the deleted<foo>
tables in the database is to provide a backup of any rows that may
have been deleted from the <foo> table. That is, when an item is
deleted, it isn't actually deleted, it just gets moved from the items
table to the deleteditems table. That way, if something is deleted
accidentally, it can (in principle) be restored.
	Is this correct so far?

	If so, it seems to me that there should be more deleted*
tables, such as deletedbibliosubject and deletedbibliosubtitle, since
the biblio table has "links" to various other tables, containing data
that also should be saved in a backup table.
	Or am I on the wrong track here?

--
Andrew Arensburger                      This message *does* represent the
arensb at ooblick.com                      views of ooblick.com