[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] latest on PostgreSQL

Ervin Peters ervin.peters at ervnet.de
Mon Oct 7 09:05:01 CEST 2002

--On Montag, 7. Oktober 2002 13:55 +0100 "Anthony W. Youngman"
<Anthony.Youngman at ECA-International.com> wrote:

> One (to me extremely annoying) nitpick. Using SQL does NOT make it
> db-independent. It merely makes it rdb-independent ...
>
> I had an offline discussion with Pat about MaVerick, which is not > a
relational database but is probably more suited to Koha than
> SQL.
> Unfortunately, the hassle of switching (plus the fact MaVerick is
> immature) probably means an attempt at changing isn't worth it.
encapsulating the datacollection and -manipulation functions would easily
allow everyone to use its prevered datamanagement...
...by stepping over the fact that the code still has to be build.

--
Ervin Peters
99423 Weimar