[Koha-devel] Koha Themes,

Roger Buck rog at saas.nsw.edu.au
Tue Oct 8 02:55:03 CEST 2002

finlay at katipo.co.nz wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I writing this from sunny Queenstown, New Zealand. Sorry for being so out
> of touch the last few days.

Queenstown - Such a lovely environment. I wouldn't have been in  touch
at all!

> So what to do about the templating?

I agree with everything I understand... and don't know enough to comment
on the rest... so I leave that to you coders.

> Issue 4) CSS ?
>
> Roger has suggested using a template variable 'type' to switch
> between the intranet and the opac. This, in my opinion, is a bad idea.

I agree - it is a bad idea :)  I chose "type" to illustrate the general
case of how variables might be passed to .css  <block class=variable> to
improve efficiency and flexibility - anyhow, that was my intention.
Again, I probably don't understand the options sufficiently to see a
better alternative.
[--snip--]

> However, there is no reason we can have heaps of CSS in the templated
> koha. It just goes into files that are read in through
> <TMPL_INCLUDE NAME="stylesheet"> tags.

For any given website, I'm (mostly) used to having one stylesheet does
all... which is probably the only reason that variables seemed like a
good idea - I'll have to have some more practice with this before
commenting further.

Thanks for the clarity... must be all that fresh air and sunshine :)

R.