[Koha-devel] koha 1,4, templating and css

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Oct 9 06:22:04 CEST 2002

Dorian Meid wrote:

>>we said a few days ago that it was a bad idea to put templates in html
>>path, they should be in cgi-bin path for security reasons.
>>But i can't find the mail where we spoke of this, so maybe another
>>opinion ? finlay when he comes back ?
>>

>I must have missed this or understood something wrong.
>I think we said to have the option of putting the templates in the html
>path or not and decided to store it there along with the html, styles,
>includes...

maybe it's me who is wrong...

>>I don't see any theme/lang structure in the serverroot tree neither in
>>1.2 nor in main branch.
>>

>/koha/koha-tmpl

but /koha/* is the cgi-bin directory !

>Finlay Thompson wrote:
>

>>1) all templates should live in koha-tmpl, along with there associated
>>includes and images (style sheets, javascripts, etc)
>>
>>2) this cvs branch will eventually replace the koha-html tree all together.
>>
>>3) under koha-tmpl there are two subtrees: intranet-tmpl/ and opac-tmpl/
>>corresponding to what should go into the <serverroot>/intranet/htdocs/ and
>><serverroot>/opac/htdocs/ directories on the live sites.
>>

>dorian

OK. I think i've understood my mistake :
i'm mixing cvs and release...
/koha/koha-tmpl is the cvs directory structure.
and it will be placed in serverroor when releasing a version.
Am i right now ?

Note : i'm on irc if you want to discuss now
--
Paul