[Koha-devel] 1.3.1 install

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Oct 15 07:01:23 CEST 2002

Ville Huhtala wrote:

>paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
>
>>Ville Huhtala wrote:
>>
>>>CREATING DATABASE
>>>=================
>>>ERROR 1062 at line 1: Duplicate entry '%-Koha-kohaadmin' for key 1
>>>

>>Wow, 1.3.1 has been released tomorrow and not yet announced officialy by
>>Pate, and there is already a problem with it...
>>2 problems in fact...
>>The 1st : Duplicate entry : i think you're upgrading from a old install.
>>This problem means there is a ... duplicate entry in a table, and an
>>index can't be added. Probably not a problem.
>>

>I set my hostname=localhost
>
>>the 2nd : you need to install MARC::Record package
>>(http://marcpm.sourgeforge.net)
>>

>Maybe this should be added to INSTALL file?

yes. but don't forget, this is ALPHA software... Don't expect everything
to be here ;-)

>Some more errors:
>
>SETTING UP Z39.50 DAEMON
>========================
>Directory for logging by Z39.50 daemon [/var/log/koha]:
>Argument "/var/log/koha" isn't numeric in mkdir at installer.pl line
>655, <STDIN> line 17.

I don't understand this line neither i've ever had it. Are you root ?

>and later
>can't chown /var/log/koha: No such file or directory at installer.pl line 935, <STDIN> line 20.

if the previous statement failed, this one failed too : you can't change
the owner of a directory that does not exist ;-)

>SAMPLE DATA
>Would you like to install the sample data? Y/[N]: y
>ERROR 1136 at line 2011: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

I already saw this, but don't know where it comes for instance. It seems
koha 1.3.1 work despite this line.
--
Paul