[Koha-devel] Suggestions Please - Checked by Vexira DEMO version -

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Mon Sep 2 03:07:34 CEST 2002

I don't many recommendations right now, but perhaps we should start a list
on the wiki.  If we do, it would be good to structure it like (with a
coupld of examples -- which might be mis-filed):

Koha Projects

for Perl/Shell coders:
   Simple
    (basic jobs, able to be finished in 1-3 days of work)
    write unit tests for Koha modules
    write acceptance tests for Koha
   Intermediate
    (more advanced jobs requiring 1-2 weeks of work)
    write a new kind of search
    port koha (esp installer/upgrader) to other unixish platform
    (big jobs requiring a month or more, and probably much coordination
    with other developers on the team)
    write/work on NCIP
    write/work on Z39.50 server
    port Koha to win32

for HTML/CSS/Javascript coders
 (sorry, I haven't a clue what should go here)
   Simple
    (basic jobs, able to be finished in 1-3 days of work)
   Intermediate
    (more advanced jobs requiring 1-2 weeks of work)
    (big jobs requiring a month or more, and probably much coordination
    with other developers on the team)

for non-coders
   Simple
    (basic jobs, able to be finished in 1-3 days of work)
    figure out and document something in Koha
    proofread part of the manual
   Intermediate
    (more advanced jobs requiring 1-2 weeks of work)
    write a new section for the manual
    write an article about Koha for publication
    (big jobs requiring a month or more, and probably much coordination
    with other developers on the team)
    write a new manual/book for/about Koha (supplement the existing
    manuals