[Koha-devel] Perl Bundle's

Ambrose Li a.c.li at ieee.org
Mon Sep 9 12:55:03 CEST 2002

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 11:18:45AM -0700, Tonnesen Steve wrote:

> Net::Z3950 will probably fail to install if the yaz client is
> not installed... perhaps we should leave this one out of the
> bundle for that reason for now?  We could probably include the
> yaz client directly with Koha and offer to compile and install
> it when installing Koha...  Would require that the machine has
> gcc and libc6 development libraries installed, and that the
> yaz license allows this.

Does yaz really require libc6? Just in the process of switching
from libc5 to libc6, I'm still suspicious of anything that
claims to "require" libc6; after all, glibc 2.x is not the only
C library that is more comprehensive than Linux libc5.

Just tried to compile yaz with my libc5 gcc, and got a bunch of
errors; I guess I'll try to fix this up, since I still can't get
perl to compile under my libc6 environment.

--
Ambrose Li  <a.c.li at ieee.org>
http://trends.ca/~acli/  http://www.cccgt.org/

DRM is theft - We are the stakeholders