[Koha-devel] RC11 searching, more comments.

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Wed Sep 11 21:12:02 CEST 2002

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 01:41:25PM +1000, rbrown64 at csc.com.au said:
> MySql seems to be robust with respect to unbackslashed apostrophe '
> characters.
> According to the SQL standard, you quote apostrophe characters by doubling
> them up
> - I don't have the mysql documentation handy to know whether backslashing
> should work.
> I haven't added an entry to check that searching for something like "It's
> isn't" would find anything.

Sorry, further to my last reply.

The Search.pm module hasnt gotten a lot of love lately, thats mostly because
it works, and that its going to need a complete overhaul when 1.3 comes along.

But Ill go through and fix up these glitches now for the 1.2 tree.
Thanks for spotting them

Chris

025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz