[Koha-devel] Reviewing Directory Structure

Roger Buck rog at saas.nsw.edu.au
Tue Sep 17 15:37:03 CEST 2002

I think there are still some general questions about Koha file and
directory structure that are worth investigating.

This is not just idle comment - I'm happy to do some work on this (under
direction) if it's generally considered worthwhile.

QUESTION 1:
Are the 'opac' and 'intranet' designed to be installed as 'stand-alone'
on physically separate servers?

If designed to support optional 'stand-alone', then I don't think the
existing installation would support that. The OPAC relies on stuff
stored in the 'intranet' folders.

If designed to be installed on same physical server, then why duplicate
stuff like images, templates, 'includes' folders and related files? The
duplication adds to installation and maintenance complexity and I can't
figure out what advantage(s) it provides?

Same question arises for the need for virtual hosts.

Any comments? :)

R.