FW: [Koha-devel] buildrelease for 1.3.0 => steve ?

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Fri Sep 20 08:27:06 CEST 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Eyler, Patrick wrote:

> > I don't understand well how it manages versions.
> > I'im in my koha.dev (main trunk) directory.
> > the script says :
> > Current release tag is 1.2.3RC14.
> > Would you like to bump that up to 1.2.3RC15 (or manually enter
> > version)?  [Y]/N:
>
> > Should I answer N or Y ?
> > I found that N build a new 1.2.3RC15 and a Y enables a new version. In
> > this case, what shall I enter ? 1.3.0RC1 or 1.3.0 ?

I'll have to modify buildrelease to handle releasing from both 1.2 and 1.3
at the same time.  It'll have to be a little smarter at guessing what the
next version is.

I agree with Pat... just use 1.3.0.  We don't need release candidates for
our unstable branch, unless it starts to get too stable.  :)

> > Then, should I tag the version ? I think yes. Please confirm.

Yes, tag the release if you are going to release it publicly.  This will
allow us to see what has changed in CVS since it was released for bug
confirmation, etc.  We can also delete old tags after a certain time so
they don't clutter up the CVS too much.  For example, I deleted all of the
release candidates for the 1.2.2 release after 1.2.2 went out.

> > where should I put my tar.gz when builded ? we planned not to release
> > officialy it on sf, so where should I put it after testing install ?
>
> Do we want to put it on sourceforge?  I think that might be a good idea.
> We can also make release announcements on Freshmeat.  I think that
> active, visible development of the 1.4 tree will draw even more
> developers into the fold.

I'd recommend putting it up on sourceforge.  Put it under the
koha-unstable package, I guess.  Or do we want a new package for 1.3.x
releases to separate them from the release candidates for the stable
branch?  Only the most recent file in a package will show up on the main
sf.net/projects/koha/ page.

Steve.