[Koha-devel] Error following update

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Dec 11 06:59:02 CET 2003

MJ Ray a écrit :

> On 2003-12-11 13:04:02 +0000 paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> It was typo error introduced by Slef when fixing bug 662.
>
> OK, sorry. I'm working through 40 screens of likely security problems
> for bug 662 on my own in my spare time. Occasional typos happen,
> especially when seeing the same buggy code fragment pasted in the Nth
> place. Maybe I should be refactoring that when I find it, but that
> will probably introduce more bugs. Sorry for non-response here
> yesterday: I'd been out driving through the bad weather.

no prob (except a nice -but cold- sunny here :-) )
& I agree refactoring too much results in more risks than improvements.

>> slef : could you pls always check that a C4 package compile before
>> commiting it (at least).
>
> Can you write me a unit test for this, or point me at the pre-commit
> unit tests, please? Surely there are other things which I should
> check, but I won't know until I break.

That's something we lack, for sure...
& we always have 2 choices :
* improve code stability
* improve features.
The problem being that users prefer features :-(

>> For other scripts it's not as important, but breaking a C4 package
>> causes Koha major failure.
>
> CVS users should be used to this?

yes, of course.
But it's always boring to see something suddenly badly broken by
"compilation error" (not sure "boring" is a good word here. Maybe too
much, but i don't know another word :-) ).

--
Paul POULAIN