[Koha-devel] Error following update

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Dec 15 05:00:00 CET 2003

On 2003-12-11 16:32:12 +0000 Pat Eyler <pate at eylerfamily.org> wrote:

> This should be a basic rule.  anytime we make a code change, we
> should *at
> least* use 'perl -c' to make sure we haven't introduced a compile time
> error.  As we build unit tests (see below), running those will provide
> even more safety.

That doesn't work right now. A lot of things in CVS seem not to
compile before I touch them. I think it's a bit unfair to suggest that
I make sure everything compiles before commit. Should I be fixing the
other compilation bugs as well as the DBI bugs that I want fixed now?
This is why I asked for unit tests and help in fixing DBI. I don't
know which parts are used and which parts are obsolete. If someone can
give me a list of which files are not used, or better yet remove them
from the CVS trees (careful), it would shorten the time spent on this
bug.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at