[Koha-devel] rel_2_0 CVS branch

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Tue Dec 16 15:54:01 CET 2003

Thanks Chris!

Please, let me second the comments below.  We need to be really careful
about which branch we're working in now.  If you are doing bug fixes,
please check out the rel_2_0 tree and do your work there.  If you're
planning on doing new development work -- please hold off for a day or
two.

This actually brings me to a additional point.  We need to think about how
we're going to handle 2.0 development vs 2.2 development work.  My
thought is that we've got a lot of little things that could be added into
2.0.1 (and beyond) -- things like new reports, rssKoha, and other
incremental or small improvements.  Other things (ncip, a z39.50 server,
and the like) should be part of 2.2.  We should try to build our list of
what we want to develop in each tree, subject to the 2.0 release manager's
(that'd be Paul) discretion for things going into that release.

We also need to start targeting some timelines.  I think we need to have a
much shorter timeline for 2.2 than we did for 2.0 (for a major version
change, I think we did quite well though).  Ideally, I'd like to see us
cutting 2.2.0 between August and October of 2004, with four or five 2.0
minor releases during that timeframe (more if we have security problems to
fix).  How does that sound to everyone else?

During 2.2 development, I wonder if we should avoid 2.1.X releases for a
while and just cut weekly snapshots until we've stabalized a bit.  Does
that sound reasonable?  Is there a better way?

I've expanded this mail to include the kohabiz and koha2010 mailing lists.
I think there is some good ground for those groups to cover, and hope that
the discussions there will prove fruitful.

thanks,
-pate