[Koha-devel] REMOVING KOHA from server

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Jan 14 02:31:11 CET 2003

acli at ada.dhs.org via news-to-mail gateway a écrit:

>In article <E18XOpf-0004zB-00 at sc8-sf-list1.sourceforge.net>,
>Benedict  <kb2qzv at poczta.wp.pl> wrote:
>

>>Creating the MySql database for Koha...
>>
>>ERROR 1062 at line 1: Duplicate entry 'localhost-kohaadmin' for key 1
>>ERROR 1062 at line 1: Duplicate entry '%-Koha-kohaadmin' for key 1
>>DBI->connect(Koha:localhost) failed: Access denied for user:
>>'kohaadmin at localhost' (Using password: YES) at
>>/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Context.pm line 361
>>Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at
>>scripts/updater/updatedatabase line 304.
>>Problem updating database...
>>[root at localhost koha-1.3.3]#
>>

>Perhaps you tried several installs with different passwords for
>the kohaadmin user. If that is the case you might want to either
>"undo" the previous kohaadmin user or manually reset the password:

Ambrose is right here.

To remove koha from your server, you have to :
* delete the intranet and opac directories
* delete /etc/koha.conf
* delete the koha DB
* delete the koha user in mySQL : in user table and in db table, from
the mysql "system" DB
* edit /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and remove everything between
#Ports to listen to koha
and
#   2.  Uncomment the NameVirtualHost line and set the correct ip address
(46 lines)
* restart apache
* reload (or restart) mySQL

Hope this helps.

(Nic-the-doc-manager : Maybe something to add to our documentation :-) )

--
Paul POULAIN