[Koha-devel] Re: MARC converter (et al.)

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Jan 14 08:01:03 CET 2003

roberto sturman a écrit:

>Hi,

Hi Roberto,

>I am not subscribed to the Koha lists yet, so ...
>
>1)
>You asked on the Koha developer list for a MARC21 to UNIMARC converter.
>There is a free product called USEMARCON to convert data between various
>MARC formats. I have no idea if it supports the last version of USMARC
>(MARC21). Take a look at
><http://www.bl.uk/services/bibliographic/usemarcon.html>.

thanks. Seems a little complicated :-)

>2)
>I would like to report a problem in compiling the HTML:Template.
>The "make test" after compiling HTML::Template ver. 2.6 with Perl 5.8.0
>gives an error. According to the "HTML::Template" author it is due to a
>bug in Perl 5.8.0.   See:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/html-template-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00330.html

and what ?
I had no problems to compile html::template on my mandrake 9.0 (

>3)
>A question/suggestion?. UNIMARC allows to manage links BETWEEN
>bibliographic records (Unimarc 4-- block). Some examples of these links
>are the monographic publications of a series, another are single parts
>of a multi-volume series, but they are many others as well. I am not
>shure, but I think the French "cataloguing" rules do not use this
>feature. But others do.
>Are you going to implement this feature in cataloguing and in record
>browsing too? In catalogue browsing it means the possibility of
>displaying all the related bibliographic records by clicking on a
>hyperlink.

i think that should be possible to implement through plugin system.
I think plugin system for MARC management is great (it's mine :-) ) and
can result in highly customizable koha.

>4)
>I have installed the 1.3.X series of Koha (1.3.0, 1.3.1, 1.3.2 and
>finally the 1.3.3) but I still miss something:
>- I cannot get a single record display of the catalogue (neither from
>OPAC neihter from ACQUISITIONS). The system reports in koha_error-log:
>
>In ACQUISITIONS after retrieving some records in a list and selecting
>one:
>[error] [client...] localhost] Premature end of script headers:
>MARCdetail.pl, referer: http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/koha/search.pl
>[error] [client 140.105.7.186] Tag "0  " is not a valid tag. at
>/usrlocal/intranet/modules/C4/Biblio.pm line 571, referer:
>http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/koha/search.pl
>

>In OPAC after retrieving some records in a list and clicking on one:
>[error] [client 140.107.7.186] Premature end of script
>headers:additem.pl
>[error] [client 140.105.7.186] Tag "0  " is not a valid tag, at
>/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Biblio.pm line 571
>.
>- I cannot add or edit an item to a bibliographic record (even to a
>already created one). The call of the additem.pl after a click on the
>tab "ITEMS" issues the same error: >Tag "0   " is not a valid ...<.

strange. How did you fill your MARC parameter tables ? if it's manual,
then pls send me a dump of marc_subfield_structure table.
Send me the lines around the 571 (560-580 for example) from
/koha_root/modules/C4/Biblio.pm

>- There is another feature not working in Koha: the Thesaurus
>management. You cannot add any authority category nor any authority
>item.
>
>Some of these problems were already reported by Valerio Venturi:
>http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2002/001244.html
>But these same features seems to work on the demo on-line
>(demo.fr-koha-org).

The Output.pm line 347 was a remaining "die" that has been removed in 1.3.3
Tell me more about your problem.

--
Paul POULAIN