[Koha-devel] MARC character encoding

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Jan 15 06:50:05 CET 2003

Hi koha-dev, and hi ed,
(who is the author of MARC-Charset, and joined koha a few weeks ago)

Could someone explain how to translate the "MARC21" charset to a more
convenient one (and which is more convenient ?)
Same question for UNIMARC (which is ISO646 if my docs are right)

I tried MARC-Charset, which seems to translate from "MARC21" to UNICODE,
but i don't know what to do with my unicode ;-(
I tried :
    my $charset = MARC::Charset->new();
    print $charset->to_utf8($unimarc->as_formatted())."\n";
where $unimarc is a MARC::Record containing a MARC21 record converted to
UNIMARC (hope everybody understand this : i mapped marc21 fields to
unimarc ones)

--
Paul POULAIN