[Koha-devel] Re: MARC character encoding

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Jan 21 00:15:06 CET 2003

Ed Summers a écrit:

>>What i don't understand is how they code >127 codes on 2 digits.
>>for example,  \xc3\x65 = ê
>>It's not ASCII ?
>>

>It is not MARC-8, and it is not ISO-8859-1, and i'm not sure what it is.
>//Ed

Francois lemarchand sended me a little script to translate éà... into
8859-1 standard characters. I've included it in the addbiblio.pl script
(when the system finds a biblio in the breeding farm)
It seems to work. Things are definetly strange in char encoding.

Uploaded in cvs a few minuts ago

--
Paul POULAIN