[Koha-devel] Re: Koha: MARCcataloguing problem (important)

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Jan 27 02:10:04 CET 2003

roberto sturman a écrit:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Does version 1.3.3 of Koha allow to insert/edit repeatible subfields
> as requested by the MARC standards?
>
> UNIMARC EXAMPLES:
>
> 1. example: tag 701, subfield b (repeatible subfield of a repeatible
> field)
>
> $aIFLA$bGeneral Research Libraries division$bNational Libraries Section

It's possible with 1.3.3 :
just enter General Research Libraries division | National Libraries
Section (with a | as separator) in the $b subfield.

> 2. example, tag 200 (the field is not repeatible, but its subfields
> are so and no subfield order is set!!!)
>
> $aFirst title of publication$efirst title, first subtitle$efirst
> title, second subtitle$aSecond title$esecond title subtitle
>
> (BASED ON INVENTED BOOK: The theory of relativity: the original text
> published by Einstein: a commentary;  Einstein's thoughts about the
> use of nuclear energy: an essay)
> I can't find any way to insert the repeatible subfields in the forms.

This one is a true nightmare !
In fact, at the moment, you can't enter such a schema.
The only way to do this it to "reorder" fields and use the | separator.
In a future version, we could add a way to "duplicate" a field in the
GUI. Note it's most a GUI problem than a DB one. The db should manage it
without problems.

Hope this Helps

--
Paul POULAIN