[Koha-devel] Reports engine

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Jul 11 07:27:17 CEST 2003

Pierre Cauchois wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>I've been thinking of coding a reports engine for a few days, but i'm sure i'm not the only one to have ideas about that, so i'd like to know what you think about it, and if something has already been done.
>
>i see it as a user-friendly interface, which would be used to edit the configuration files of the rssKoha package. I think using rssKoha is a good point because it let us format the reports the way we want, using a XSLT stylesheet.
>
>So, if you"re interested or if you have already work on something like that, i'd be glad to hear from you.
>
>/pierre

I think that what Koha needs is :
* a user friendly tool to create requests.
* a user friendly tool to create "templates" reports.
* something to merge requests & "templates" reports to create nice reports.
* the reports should be outputed :
- on screen (html)
- in PDF for nice printing
- in StyleSheet form.

There are already some tools to do this or parts of this. We already
named some :

   GDA (the GNOME DB interface)
   JasperReports (http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/) => in Java
   Agata Report (http://agata.codigolivre.org.br/) => in PHP
   DataVision (http://datavision.sourceforge.net/) => in Java

also look at : morinn.free.fr/koha/canned_reports.htm

--
Paul POULAIN