[Koha-devel] away & demo mode

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Jul 15 03:09:12 CEST 2003

Hi all,

3 news :

* I'm away from tomorrow until july, 28.
I may read mails sometimes, but won't answer probably. (note that
tomorrow i'll do a demo in dombes Abbey for a library that plans to
install Koha, and I'll do the install/teaching job)

* i just commited a little patch to create a "demo mode" for Koha :
if you set "demo=1" in /etc/koha.conf, Koha is in "demo mode". In this
mode, user can connect with "demo/demo", even if this user is not in
members table. He can do everything, except that any modif/add/delete
done in systempref or marc structure is NOT saved in the DB. This avoid
demo user breaking the config.
Note that if you don't change your /etc/koha.conf, nothing is changed in
Koha.

* http://demo.koha-fr.org is now in 2.0.0pre2 It's in french UNIMARC
with 1000 biblios from Dombes Abbey. (As it's in demo mode, you can't
switch the site to english)

--
Paul POULAIN