[Koha-devel] User info modification

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Jun 3 04:35:09 CEST 2003

Jerome Vizcaino wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm having problems with Koha (CVS version) trying to modify properties
>of a borrower.
>We're using cardnumber like 00A000. The cardnumber field in the borrower
>table is reported as a varchar(9) so letters shouldn't be a problem. The
>fact is, when I try to modify properties, when applying changes, Koha
>tells me that my cardnumber is invalid ! Is this a local problem ?
>I've tried with digits only and still had the same problem.
>
>By the way, I want to change the mandatory fields in the user info page.
>Is there a way to change it ? If so where ?
>
>Thanks

Systemprefs, changing checkdigit from katipo to none should work.
the "katipo" default ensures the cardnumber is HLT compatible.
none does no checking.
If you want to do your own check : C4/Input.pm, sub checkdigit.
Then change updater/updatedatabese :
in :
       {
            uniquefieldrequired => 'variable',
            variable            => 'checkdigit',
            value               => 'katipo',
            explanation         =>
            'none= no check on member cardnumber. katipo= katipo' <==
add whatever possibility you added in Input.pm
        },
this modif is only for convenience, but, pls, do it too. Documenting is
very important...

--
Paul POULAIN