[Koha-devel] z39.50 Search

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Jun 3 04:42:07 CEST 2003

Thien Ho wrote:

>Hello Paul,

Hi Thien,

>I'm testing z39.50 search in Koha and having problems. It does not seem to
>work as it does in Koha-1.2.3.

you're right. It has almost nothing to do with 1.2.3

>First, I think it's supposed to search at the specified z39.50 server. If
>I add serveral z39.50 servers in Koha, how can I tell Koha to search using
>specific z39.50 server?

you have 2 parameters :
* order : just for internal use.
* active/inactive
So, you can't search only on a specific server. Note that ALL results
appear in the popup, so you get what you need anyway.
Each result appears with the originating z3950 server.

>Secondly, can I search a z39.50 server using keyword, title, author as in
>1.2.3? For now, I couldn't figure out how to do that.

In 1.9.3 it works only on ISBN. I consider this as a bug, not as a
feature. So it should be fixed for 2.0 Please enter a bugreport on
bugs.koha.org as reminder.

--
Paul POULAIN