[Koha-devel] Catalogue search and MARC

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Jun 3 04:44:07 CEST 2003

Owen Leonard wrote:

>In 1.9.3, if you've got MARC-support enabled, when you click the 'Catalogue
>Search' link on the intranet home page you're taken to the MARC search page
>(/cgi-bin/koha/search.marc/search.pl?type=intranet), implying that the
>intranet's 'simple' search interface doesn't work with MARC records.
>
>But when you're editing MARC item records, you can find yourself searching
>using search.pl and ending up at catalogue-home.pl, which seems to work fine.
>
>Has this been left out because something's broken which I can't see?  Or
>because it's being worked on?

That's one of the GUI modif we have to do for 2.0 release.
You should get 2 differents parameters :
* cataloguing/search : MARC or non-MARC.
* acquisition : simple or complete.

It gives me an idea : would it be interesting for a librarian to have a
"search page" with 'simple' AND complete/MARC search ?
With such a page, the librarian could enter "author" really fast for a
quick-simple search, and still have a complete MARC search too.

If this sounds good, enter a "bug" at bugs.koha.org as reminder.

--
Paul POULAIN