[Koha-devel] Any news

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Mar 10 11:18:08 CET 2003

Stephen Hedges wrote:

>It's been a while since there's been any news of developments in the Koha code.
> Does anybody know if  there's been anything done lately to move Koha away from
>1.9.0 and closer to 2.0?

Yes, i can give some news. I planed to do it anyway, on this list next
day, so i just do it sooner !

As everybody has seen, 1.9.1 is late :-) it's because i met minor
problems and lack of time !
Today, i worked on the circulation part of koha (templatification...)
The integration of MARC and non MARC GUI is almost done : on every
biblio page, there are 2 links : "normal" when in MARC view and "MARC"
when in normal view. a new MARC system parameter decided which is chosen
by default.
The MARC search is now fully indexed. You can search anything on any
tag, it should be fast. very fast :-)
I also modified the MARC part to manage correctly <10 tags.
I also added recently nice pictures to most templates to represent
"add", "modify", "delete"... pragmas.

I plan to release the 1.9.1 next week (i'm away from wednesday to friday).

Then, checking opac part of koha, and we will be almost 2.0RC1 :-)))

What makes me happy is that the MARC management is really working nice
now, so the biggest part now is mostly a GUI part.

--
Paul POULAIN