[Koha-devel] ItemInfo

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Thu Mar 27 13:30:27 CET 2003

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 09:03:42PM +0000, Thien Ho said:
> Hello,
>
> In Koha-1.2.3, module/C4/Search.pm, line 4 of function ItemInfo: what is
> the meaning of the question mark? Is it intentional or mistake? I get some
> wrong result if I leave the question mark there. I fixed it by replacing
> the "?" by "$biblionumber".

Hi

It is intentional.
my $query = "SELECT * FROM items, biblio, biblioitems
WHERE items.biblionumber = ?
AND biblioitems.biblioitemnumber =
items.biblioitemnumber
AND biblio.biblionumber = items.biblionumber";

Is the bit of code eh?
You'll notice that a bit further down there is a line
$sth->execute($biblionumber);

Which substitutes the $biblionumber to where the ? is.
Why do it this way, because this way the DBI module will escape any bad
characters we may have in the variable.

I hope this helps

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz