[Koha-devel] Template default name

Jerome Vizcaino vizcainj at esiee.fr
Mon May 12 01:56:07 CEST 2003

Hello

We've been looking around Koha 1.9.2 to add our own template.
In the system preferences tab there is a template field.
Surprisingly, changing its value doesn't change anything. We  had copied
the whole 'default' directory to a 'test' directory then changed the
'default' value to 'test' in Koha.
The template name seems to be returned by the Koha C4 perl module so we
took a look at it.
It ends to a $theme variable which seems to get the name of the template
from the database (Output.pm file line 91).
$theme is generated by a 'pathtotemplate' function (located in Output.pm
line 206) but this function seems to be bugged.
To get $theme it calls Context::preference with a "theme" parameter
(line 221).
Preference executes the following SQL statement :
"SELECT value FROM systempreferences WHERE variable='themes' LIMIT 1;"

Our "systempreferences" table doesn't have a themes variable but a
template one.
Changing the parameter from "theme" to "template" doesn't change
anything. Is there another place where the template parameter is
re-defined or is it a bug ?

Thank you

Jerome