[Koha-devel] Koha, coding style and templates

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Tue May 13 07:20:17 CEST 2003

> One more idea :
> in templates, how to write HTML ?
> 3- as required in w3c html : everything in right
> part of a token has ""

I'd be all for making templates XTHML-Transitional.  Barring full compliance
with that standard, I would suggest at the very least these guidlines:

- All HTML tags in lower case (HTML:Template tags in uppercase is fine of
course)
- All attribute values are quoted (<table border="0"> instead of <table
border=0>
- No 'minimization' of attributes, so <input type="checkbox" checked> is
changed to <input type="checkbox" checked="checked">

XHTML requires that all tags be closed, so tags like <br> become <br />  This
may be too much hassle for those who don't care about XHTML-compliance, so at

These kind of changes are only a minor alteration in normal HTML markup
writing, and will make it easier for those who want to go as far as adding the
XHTML DocType and moving to full XHTML compliance.

What do others think?

  -- Owen

----
Nelsonville Public Library